Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PatriotInvasion

macrumors 68000
Jul 18, 2010
Boston, MA
I don't thing Apple really has the cache anymore to hold two back-to-back press events like this. They would be skewered in the media, and rightfully so.

I agree that the event this week will likely the narrowly focused, and other stuff will come as a regular press release.

Regarding overlapping customers: "If you don't cannibalize yourself, someone else will." -SJ. I think Apple still operates by this mantra. So what if iPads cannibalize sales from Macbooks, or vice-versa? As long as the person isn't buying a non-Apple product, it's all good to them.
With overlap, I was also referring to the product marketing dilemma those products create. How do you "sell" a MacBook when you just explained how the iPad Pro redefines what a portable computer should be?

oneMadRssn

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
With overlap, I was also referring to the product marketing dilemma those products create. How do you "sell" a MacBook when you just explained how the iPad Pro redefines what a portable computer should be?

They've faced similar dilemmas before. I think Apple can and does get away with a being a bit two-faced about it. After all, you can't really use an iPad Pro to make iPad apps (yet). People understand, some with and some without explanation, that a proper laptop is still the best and correct tool for many tasks.

Reactions: PatriotInvasion
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.