New macbook - battery + applecare

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by radionickhead, Nov 4, 2008.

1. radionickhead macrumors regular

My new macbook has just arrived, keys look alright and the battery latch is tight so im happy about that...Not sure about the screen yet as I haven't turned it on.

I wanted to ask, should I charge the battery before I turn it on?
    If so how long?
    Also, I'm new to mac, - but as far as I knew applecare would give some sort of cd and registration but there doesnt seem to be anything in my box...
    I purchased the mac with an educational discount and I thought this warranted 3 years apple care?
    Any help please?
    thanks.

2. jaikob macrumors 6502

jaikob

No you do not need to charge the battery. Applecare is on your machine, they just stopped sending CD's if you bought applecare from the online store at the time of purchase. Instead, you can download their tech tool CD from apple's support site.

Link to check warranty status: https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

3. radionickhead thread starter macrumors regular

For some reason I can't get my warranty info, even after I put in the right serial number: Apple/More info/ Serial number..
    Thanks though..
    Btw do you guys suggest going to full battery, then going portable until the battery goes dead/sleep and then plugging in the adapter again?

4. misterredman macrumors 6502a

misterredman

I would do that a couple time to be sure the battery is working correctly but later on you can leave it connected. Just use your battery from time to time.