Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matt9535

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2012
Model Information:
Serial Number: DP-ASMB013-3a95-8781
Manufacturer: DP
Device name: ASMB013
Pack Lot Code: 0000
PCB Lot Code: 0000
Firmware Version: 0102
Hardware Revision: 0300
Cell Revision: 0100
Charge Information:
Charge remaining (mAh): 0
Fully charged: No
Charging: No
Full charge capacity (mAh): 0
Health Information:
Cycle count: 6
Condition: Check Battery
Battery Installed: Yes
Amperage (mA): 47
Voltage (mV): 4169

Brand new battery wont charge, assume the mAh 0 is a problem but is there anything i can do. Have tried SMC reset already with no success. The cycle count is 6 so its new!

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Brand new battery wont charge, assume the mAh 0 is a problem but is there anything i can do. Have tried SMC reset already with no success. The cycle count is 6 so its new!
Where did you get the battery? From Apple, or did you buy a knockoff? If you've reset the SMC and you've made sure the battery is properly installed, I would take it back. I wouldn't trust or recommend any non-Apple battery, due to the number of problems reported with "knockoff" batteries. Also, there is no assurance that knockoff batteries have the same charging technology that Apple uses, involving the battery, the MagSafe adapter and the Mac's logic board.

Battery Replacement

The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.