New MacBook by mid-May?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by CatSpin, Apr 1, 2009.

1. CatSpin macrumors newbie

I am in the market for a top of the line MacBook with pimped up RAM and HDD.
    Considering the expense, I have decided to hold fire as according to the Buyers Guide on this site, a new (or at least upgraded) MacBook is imminent.

Now, the clincher: A friend of mine is in Uni and will be finishing around the 18th of May. If I get her to buy the computer before then, she can get about 15% off the price.

What is the likelihood of Apple releasing that new MacBook within that time frame?
    Have their been any relevant rumblings in the rumour mills?

2. Darkroom Guest

Darkroom

a few years ago when i graduated university in may/june, i bought an apple computer that summer in august and i was still able to get the student discount since my student ID didn't expire until september... i would assume your friend is the same since lots of students take summer classes... check into it...

also, i would think the new MacBooks will be refreshed this month or next.

3. asphyxiafeeling macrumors regular

asphyxiafeeling

nobody can be certain, but i don't think there will be any significant updates.

at most in november nehalem is supposed to come to the notebook line.

i'd say if you need it now go for it, i don't see any SIGNIFICANT (gpu upgrades, new features, etc) updates for atleast a year.

4. MacGeek767 macrumors member

MacGeek767

the next update of the notebook line will probably be a small one, maybe Snow Leopard on the computers and speed/hard drive boost.

i don't think there will be a major upgrade anytime soon, but who knows...

5. mbleopard macrumors regular

Probably not anything large, a speed bump and maybe a larger hard drive