New MacBook Confirmed for JAN - By Rapper??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by losername, Dec 28, 2007.

1. losername macrumors newbie

Hi All,

I'm one of the many sat in the wings waiting to see what Jan will bring and I noticed this .

Don't know whether it's true, and it's of no use to me since I'm waiting for Penryn on an MBP, but hey ho, it's worth a look :p

Losername.

2. anotherarunan macrumors 6502

Random. Just seems like one of many stories. Guess we just gonna have to wait and see. But at this point, it does look VERY likely that some form of new laptop is going to be announced, although macworld could turn out to be the biggest dissapointment of the year with apple announcing a new mini DVI - DVI cable colour :D

3. losername thread starter macrumors newbie

Very true - just stumbled upon it on a techie site I frequent!

If we're just looking at coloured cables, I'm going to be forced to stick with my PC :rolleyes:

4. goldenlotus macrumors regular

Anyone know how reliable boygenius is? This looks good though!

5. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

They posted one of the worst photoshop hacks of the forthcoming BlackBerry 9000 that I've ever seen and it spread across the internet like wildfire as if it was a fact.

6. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

This was a Page 2 news item, and rightly so, because:

"Some really famous people did some free gigs because they were promised new laptops! Confirmed!"

...sounds like the most unreliable piece of trash I have ever read.

7. goldenlotus macrumors regular

Yeah that does sound pretty shady... I want to believe though. I've got money in the bank waiting for MacWorld. Feels like the Superbowl for us Mac fans!

8. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

With 18 days to go, I think we can just stop speculating now... it might set us up for a fall ;)

9. losername thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh dear,

I must admit, I originally read the story on Gizmodo who are reasonably trustworthy, but having seen the 'backstory' now it all appears a bit on the dubious side!

Sorry folks, it was a bit of wishful thinking made me post - esp knowing how many people around here are looking for the new MB to be compact :eek:

/Me must try harder...

10. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Lol.

Must be the guy, or the unsecured boxes in the elevator that told him about the new products...

MB was recently updated, MBP will probably be updated first before there is another MB update.

11. je1ani macrumors 6502

Just Blaze is not a rapper he's a Producer and anyone who knows him knows he always gets stuff early... He gets unreleased products from sony, sidekicks etc

12. Bearxor macrumors 6502a

BGR is usually a reliable source as far as cellphones go. He just recently got his own site so I'm not sure how reliable he would be for other things.