new macbook delivered scratched.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by NSK123, Apr 2, 2009.

1. NSK123 macrumors regular

NSK123

One of my friends just got a new Alu macbook delivered but upon opening we see that there is a nice scratch on the top left corner.

Plus the trackpad isn't responding very well to all clicks, what would be the best to do in this case? call apple and ask for a replacement or just return it?

it's bought online so wanted to hear how the procedure would be?

2. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...inform Apple you want to return it...

FYI, the track pad seems to take some getting used to as you have to actually push it down vis tapping it...its not like an electrostatic pad that registers the pressure much easier...

3. Drewsky87 macrumors 6502

Drewsky87

You can however set the trackpad for tap to click. It makes it much easier to get used to. I also like the 2-finger tap to right click which is pretty convenient I found.

4. NSK123 thread starter macrumors regular

NSK123

We just realized that the entire screen is also misaligned which is pretty sad imo.

It's being sent back, the quality is just not up to par with what an alu MB should have.

Scratch, misaligned display etc.. Not good. Compairing to my own AluMB this one is poorly assembled.

5. Matek macrumors 6502a

It's a purely economical move - it's significantly cheaper to make products within certain tolerances and replace the ones that don't turn out well (like the one your friend got) then to thoroughly inspect them all in the first place.

6. NSK123 thread starter macrumors regular

NSK123

I had the same thing happen with a blackbook I bought once, it seems like you just have to buy and return them until you get one that actually lives up to the quality it should.

pretty sad, I mean we even pack it when theres an obvious stratch on top of the case.