New Macbook Dilemma

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by greenguy4, Nov 25, 2008.

  1. greenguy4 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2005
    #1
    I need some advice here...

    I am running on a 4 year old iBook G4 which has had tons of logic board issues in the past. I had a 4th logic board replacement a week before applecare ran out 11 months ago and since then it has been working fine. I figure that soon it will happen again since this occurred so much.

    So I was planning on waiting for Rev B of the new macbook so all kinks could be worked out (I havn't heard of any though). But now I am seeing these Live.com rebates and I am thinking of just doing it now. I would save about $300 when you combine the cashback + no tax.

    On the other hand if my computer can make it till the summer then I would most likely have revision B and a new iPod (the savings would add up to about equal I think)

    Is it worth just doing it now or should I hold off till this computer crashes and hope Rev B is out by then?

    How long do you think this Live.com offer will last?
     
  2. iObama macrumors 6502

    iObama

    Joined:
    Nov 16, 2008
    Location:
    SF
    #2
    I'd do it now because you'll be saving $300!!

    Just remember to buy AppleCare along with it, and you'll be fine.
     
  3. chipchen macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2002
    #3
    i'd say buy now... save with the live.com cashback... and sell your machine. you could probably get $300 - $400 for it now... who knows what it will be worth in a year.
     
  4. greenguy4 thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2005
    #4
    Ok I think I am going to do it! Anyone know how to get the additional 10% off ebay coupon?
     
  5. clyde2801 macrumors 601

    clyde2801

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2008
    Location:
    In the land of no hills and red dirt.
    #5
    Does the powerbook serve your needs now? If so, continue to use it. If it breaks, see how much it will be to repair it. If it won't be worth the money, THEN go buy a new macbook.
     

Share This Page