New macbook, first mac!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Jcoz, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Jcoz macrumors 6502

Well, despite getting royally and a bit unexpectedly screwed during tax season (owe 1000 dollars) I decide not to let it derail my aspirations to go mac this spring, and pulled the trigger on a macbook, despite my fears of the screen being too small....

I couldn't possibly be happier. the screen really is not too small, and for my "heavy" work, I plan on powering a 23" lcd monitor, which Im buying nxt week.

Just excited to finally do it, thought I'd post!

2. macrack macrumors newbie

Ahhhh that new mac smell:) Welcome. I'm a newbie too.

3. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

congrats and enjoy your new toy! i love the size of the screen. not too small and works well when i carry it around to the library and what not.

4. ryannel2003 macrumors 68000

ryannel2003

Congrats on the MacBook! I had reservations moving from a 15.4" Compaq laptop and 17" iMac to the 13.3", but i'm happy to report its the perfect size screen. Small enough to travel with, but enough room to run my applications comfortably. But enough about me, hope you continue to be happy with your MacBook. :)

5. ralex macrumors newbie

congrats on your new MacBook. I am buying a Blk. MacBook tomorrow. i was going to wait but decided to take the plunge. I will be runnung it with 4GB RAM. ill keep you all posted on my experience as a first time Mac user.:D

6. wedge234 macrumors member

7. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I wonder if apple has their own cologne used on their packaging, I do love that smell!! :D

8. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

Same here...I was running on a 15" MBP for work purposes only and used it as my home computer. Finally pulled the trigger on the new macbook black and put in 4gb ram. I was worried about the smaller screen but now totally prefer the smaller size for what I do at home. Great machine.