New Macbook guy

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by stuntjake912, Jun 20, 2011.

1. stuntjake912 macrumors newbie

Im picking up a used macbook pro tomorrow morning. Its Model #A1278. guys says its a mid-2010 with 4gb ram 250gb HD. is there anything i should be looking for when test driving it? all info would be greatly appriciated. Thanks JAKE

2. stuntjake912 thread starter macrumors newbie

Good info, Im new to mac world but have been with the iphone line since day one. Its to my understanding I need the the original disk that came with the MacBook Pro to do the "Apple Hardware test?" The seller says he doesnt have the original CD's that came with it. All im getting is the Macbook and charger.

I can do the other AJA test online?

3. Resqu2 macrumors 6502a

I'd be wondering why someone would get rid of the original disk and packaging? Do you know this person? Proced with care and caution, if it has been stolen then you could catch some trouble yourself.

4. palpatine macrumors 68040

no disc, no warranty (applecare), no bill of sale (signed by both of you, with copy of his license info)=no sale.

5. stuntjake912 thread starter macrumors newbie

It's $800 and I'm doing the transaction at the bank with a receipt for both of us , both our signatures, purchase price, laptop madel and serial number and a spot for it to be signed and notarized. So worst case, I'll be in court getting my money back.

6. Nuckinfuts macrumors 6502

Take it to the apple store and see if they'll run it through the ringer

7. simsaladimbamba

You can download AJA System Test and copy it to a USB flash memory thumb drive and take it with you.
    But if you have an online connection during the test, you can simply download it to the MacBook Pro you wanna purchase. AJA System Test does not need system privileges, thus it can simply do its test. It is quite small too (775KB).