New Macbook hangs (programs unresponsive) not sure what it is!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jpod89, Nov 26, 2007.

1. jpod89 macrumors member

I just purchased a new Macbook w/ Leopard installed. I installed a few programs that *are* mac programs, and sometimes the system hangs (like in Windows, when a program doesn't respond) and have several times had to restart the computer.

I've heard you shouldn't have to deal with this much on Mac software, nevermind so soon.

Not bashing on Mac OSX's, I love them now! Just wondering why this might be happening. Is it because Leopard is new? Maybe a resource-management problem?

Thanks for any answers!

2. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Please let us know what the specs are for the Macbook and exactly what software you are using that hangs.

3. jpod89 thread starter macrumors member

The specs are as follows:

Core2Duo 2.2Ghz
    160GB Hard Drive
    1GB DDR2 RAM

The programs vary. It happened with Photoshop CS3, Toast, and Firefox, off the top of my head.

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

did you check your HDD? cnet just reports some MB's HDD is faulty. which fits your description...

5. jpod89 thread starter macrumors member

I shall check that.

Also, anyone know why my keyboard just sometimes doesn't work? I'll be scrolling through some web pages, and then when I go to type another address, I'll be typing, but nothing will be coming up.

It's real weird.

6. Rotary8 macrumors regular

I think that's been happening a lot with the macbooks. Might be a Leopard problem. I'm going to install tiger on mine once it arrives.