New Macbook, how to x-fer iTunes library

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Eldiablojoe, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Eldiablojoe macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

Okay, I need the assistance of you geniuses.

I have a library on iTunes on a Windows PC laptop. I transfer a lot of that music to my iPhone in playlist format.

I want to keep the iTunes library on the Windows PC laptop, but I also want that library on the iTunes on my new MacBook (which I just got today for Christmas :))

Can I sync my music filled iPhone to the iTunes on the MacBook as a way of filling up the MacBook iTunes library?

Follow up question: Does syncing my iPhone to the new MacBook's iTunes de-authorize me from syncing to the PC iTunes?

Can I, over the course of a few syncs (due to capacity limitations), duplicate the entire iTunes library on the PC with the iTunes library on the MacBook?

Thanks!

2. nStyle macrumors 6502a

Assuming you bought the music via iTunes, you simply click on store in iTunes (on your Mac) and click "Authorize Computer...". From there you will be able to download everything that you have purchased.

Another alternative would be to follow this guide. This guides you through the process of moving the songs from the iPod (or iPhone, I'm assuming this works?) to your Windows PC. The guide is for Windows XP. From there you can put the files on a USB device and move them over to your Mac. When iTunes finds these music files, it will automatically organize them.