Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macsforcollege?

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 16, 2008
For some reason, when i log on ichat with my sn.. its showing not 1 person is online. which is impossible. I logged off and on several times but its not working... what should i do?? should i shut down the macbook? would that help?
thanks

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
I don't know if I get your question; are you expecting to see all the other iChat users who are online, like with Skype? That's not how it works, you need to add buddies to your buddy list to see if they're online.

Macsforcollege?

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 16, 2008
i fixed it.. the problem was. i went onto ichat using my AIm account. and it showed that no one was online. but i knew people were but it was showing not 1 person was.... so i deleted the account and reentered it and it worked. i hope it doesnt happen again.
Thanks

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
Hey,

For future reference, this problem is caused by unexpected disconnections, which iChat screws up the server. Basically, the server which AIM is hosted is not entered correctly, in the iChat > Preferences > Accounts > Server Settings, make sure it says slogin.oscar.aol.com with port 5190 and SSL checked. Sometimes it will omit the s part of the server url.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.