New Macbook in June? This Fall?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by blairh, Mar 29, 2008.

1. blairh macrumors 68030

blairh

Curious to know what the community thinks about the chances of a new macbook appearing this June or this Fall. Maybe a new, stronger casing? Blu Ray player?

2. vendettabass macrumors 6502a

vendettabass

new macbook this summer would be great!

• X4500?
    • Would love 1400x900 resolution (like on that new Levono portable) but I think the MBA will see this first
    • Multitouch
    • LED Backlit Display
    • Montevina - Support for DDR3, smaller package (so cut down the footprint - bezel size)
    • Penryn 2.53Ghz

3. Etrain macrumors 6502

Etrain

What will be seen in June for both the MB and MBP will be a small update. This update will be similar to the one we just saw in February. The upgraded graphics will really benefit the MB though so you may see a better card coming with the Pros.

Some of that is rather impossible to keep the separation between the MB and MBP. I would say the following will happen in June:

• X4500
    • Montevina
    • Same resolution
    • Current screens (type and resolution)
    • Current Design
    • Penryn 2.53

EDIT: I do think multi-touch will make it to the MB and so will LED screens, but I'm not sure it will be this next update. It could be, but it might be later down the road.

4. illidian macrumors 6502

Etrain I whole-heartedly agree with you.

We'll see a bump to 2.4/2.53 (is this too close?) with the faster FSB, get the Montevina, and the new graphics chip, then possibly multi-touch, LED backing, and keyboard lighting/lighting adjustments (in that order).

I can see Apple including two of those three possibilities to stay on the edge. Maybe 50/50 at this point.

5. joelm1988 macrumors member

do you think it's worth hanging on until June to get my MB in case of an update? I'm chomping at the bit to get one now.

6. illidian macrumors 6502

It depends. Do you need one now?

If you don't need one, and just want one, then I'd suggest holding off. If the new revision doesn't impress you, the refurb still will get you a nice discount for your wait!

It doesn't look like you'll be missing out on anything major at this time. A faster FSB (800 to 1033, I believe), a bit of a faster processor, and a graphics card update are all given. Forseeable upgrades are the LED screen, multi-touch, and the keyboard lighting - but these may not come this update. If anything else comes, it'll be a huge announcement by Apple because it will be something brand new.

7. ralex macrumors newbie

i am also waiting fro June to buy my first Mac. I will get the Blk. MacBook. I only use it for basic iLife, iTunes, and surfing, etc... I just rather wait a couple of months and get the faster one once it comes out. An LED screen would be nice too. any input?:cool:

8. vendettabass macrumors 6502a

vendettabass

didnt jobs say all notebooks would have LED displays during 2008? This would be great!

9. illidian macrumors 6502

I don't recall hearing anything of the sort, but I'll dig around in a bit and see if I can come up with anything.

As it's a "green" move, this makes sense.

10. vendettabass macrumors 6502a

vendettabass

oops, maybe not! sorry about that!

11. illidian macrumors 6502

Arsenic is still in the MacBook screens, but not in the MacBook Pro screens, at this time, correct?