New Macbook + iPod (education deal)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by adrianfward, Jul 30, 2008.

1. adrianfward macrumors newbie

yo-

so, if the updated macbook doesn't come out until the end of september (after the free ipod deal ends), would it be possible to get a this-generation macbook and free ipod on or around september 15th, then exchange the unopened old macbook for a redesigned macbook at the apple store?

i'm trying to think of ways in which to get both the redesigned macbook and a free ipod touch.

thanks,
    adrian

2. FuuFuu macrumors regular

FuuFuu

so what you're planning is, by a macbook before september 15 with the ipod discount. and IF they new update is released within 14 days of your purchase, you want to replace it with a 10% restocking fee?

i've thought about this, very risky and i didn't want to ask apple that question lol. so if anyone could answer it awesome.

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

And so is Apple. You won't get both.

4. muldul macrumors 6502

I doubt it, if you want the free touch that badly, then get it with the current macbook, sell it when the new ones come out and buy the new one (though this one will cost a bit more than your way, but is more likely to work

5. RainForRent macrumors 6502

RainForRent

Yep. I'm fairly certain Apple hires people to consider what sales to run and whether or not people will try to pull this.

6. Phatpat macrumors 6502a

Phatpat

And keep in mind you can get a Touch for $200, maybe less if everyone's selling theirs. And you can get a macbook for less on Amazon than at the Apple store (depending on your tax rate).

You won't be paying much more if you just wait for the new one.