Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dball4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 1, 2010
Illinois
I've read all the reviews for the new MacBook but one thing that is not stated that well is if there is a major difference from the previous model to the current? Would I notice it or is it just minimal? I don't game that much and when I do it is on a console, the only game I would play would be sims 3 or hearts of iron 3. So is there a huge difference?

Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
The main change in the updated MacBook is specifications. The processor was bumped to a faster speed and the graphics card was improved.

For you, it probably wouldn't be a huge difference.

andalusia

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2009
Manchester, UK
I've read all the reviews for the new MacBook but one thing that is not stated that well is if there is a major difference from the previous model to the current? Would I notice it or is it just minimal? I don't game that much and when I do it is on a console, the only game I would play would be sims 3 or hearts of iron 3. So is there a huge difference?

This would be perfect for you, OP.

AndyK

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2008
Terra
I just got the new macbook as a replacement from my old one that had an unfortunate incident with a lorry (don't ask), I use it almost exclusively for web browsing / email / on the go work so noticed almost no difference.

I am tempted to up the ram to 4gb then poke Portal on it though xD

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.