New MacBook keeps falling asleep?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Orangeseeds, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Orangeseeds macrumors newbie

Hi Guys.... First post on here!

As the title suggest, my brand new (24 hour old) 2015 rMBP 13" keeps falling asleep at random times. I've checked the sleep settings and everything seems fine. The oddest thing about it is that it will fall asleep as I'm using it... Or more like immediately after. And it gets more puzzling.... When I pick up a corner of my MacBook, it falls asleep. When I sit it back down, the screen comes back on. Sometimes this reverses itself.... So picking it up will wake it up. Today when my MacBook randomly went to sleep, I tried to wake it up by just tapping the trackpad. It didn't click, which it should if it's on according to how the new trackpad works now. However, it acted like it was completely off. I pressed several keys and held down the on button but nothing happened. I then grabbed a corner and started picking it up and sure enough it woke up! And now this keeps happening. It'll act like it's off until I physically pick it up to wake it up.

I think I'm taking this bad boy back. It's pretty frustrating considering I ordered it online so I wouldn't have to go to a store... And now it seems I will have to go in to avoid the shipping hassle.

2. Android300zx macrumors regular

Try doing a factory restore first. If that doesn't work then take it to the Genius Bar.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Brand new machine, doing that. I'd take it right back and get it exchanged, why mess with it, when clearly its not operating as it should.