New macbook Level of Happyness

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by iFanaddic, Oct 20, 2008.

?

How happy are you with your new Macbook?

1. 0-15% I retuned it or I`m about to

3.4%
  2. 16-30%

3.4%
  3. 31-45%

3.4%
  4. 46-60%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 61-75%

6.9%
  6. 76-99%

62.1%
  7. 100% Couldn`t get any better

20.7%
  1. iFanaddic macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

I know this community represents a very small fraction out all the macbook owners but I just wanna get the idea

2. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

For the money it costs, If I was less than 75% happy, i'd be returning it.

3. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

I would love to hear from those who claim it is perfect and couldn't get any better. So you are saying Apple made the perfect computer and nothing at all, no options added, better power, having dedicated graphics, ect. would of made it better. It is perfect as is. WOW some Apple customers have low standards. It is a nice machine, but it is far from perfect. No company has produced that yet and probably won't ever do it anyways.

4. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

I was looking for some entertainment. I think I'll sit on the sideline and watch.

5. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

wheres the "97.3% of all statistics are made up" option? i voted in advance ;)

6. iFanaddic thread starter macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

You have a point, but perfect doesnt have to mean perfect for everybody. It could also mean perfect for my needs.

7. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

I see your point, but even then perfection can never be achieved. There is always room for improvement even if you don't realize it.

8. iFanaddic thread starter macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

I guess were both right depending which point of view we have

9. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

Not really, but to each their own.

10. unchecked macrumors member

I see someone had already returned it. What's the cause?

11. iFanaddic thread starter macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

Of course there is always room for improvement, however if you dont realize them does that make it imperfect? We all know these laptops will be obsolet in a couple of years..but when you are very happy about something you bought and you wouldnt change anything about it (cuz believe me some people feel that way) Can you really call it imperfect?

If you always think there is room for improvement (which is the case, I`ll admit that) you don`t take the time to enjoy your expenses cuz you`re already thinking about what they could have done differently.

12. vendettabass macrumors 6502a

vendettabass

76-99%

Firewire 800 and 1400x900 would have made it 100%

:)

13. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

I know this is a silly argument, but I'm bored. Three days ago I bought an expensive camera---Nikon's D90. It is one of their top of the line cameras. It has great features, build like a tank, fits in my hands nicely, etc.. I spent a great deal of money on it, but it was worth it. Is it perfect? Nope. Could it be improved? Of course. If it couldn't why should they even try?

Just because I bought it, I'm not blinded to the fact that everything can always be improved.

The new Macbook is a good machine overall. No doubt about that. Perfect? No. Even honest people who bought it can admit that. I love my black Macbook. It does everything I need it to. I think it looks great also. It is also far from perfect. We all should be happy it isn't perfect because then we wouldn't have something to look forward to when Apple makes it better next year and in the the years after that.

14. southerndoc macrumors 65816

southerndoc

I had assumed that the OP's question of "how happy are you" meant he was asking if we were satisfied with our new MacBook. No, it's not perfect, but I couldn't be any more satisfied or happier with my new MacBook. There are things that I wish were added, but I am extremely happy with my purchase.

15. iFanaddic thread starter macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

I agree with you on many points, but I do think many people can be perfectly happy with their product, until a revision comes out.. My iPod touch was perfect, there is nothing I wanted to change about it. After a year my iPod touch was replace by the newer and thinner model. In other words somepeople are happy until they know what they`re missing. Anyway lets end this here I think we have very similar points..

16. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

The poll is about how HAPPY people are with their new macbook.

It is perfectly possibly to be 100% happy with a product.

I dont want firewire, or need a higher resolution screen etc, so im perfectly happy with my macbook.

I knocked off a cuple of percent because im not happy being skint for the next two weeks, hehe;)

17. munckee macrumors 65816

:rolleyes: How about "for what I paid and expected from it, I'm supremely happy...sure, if it had dedicated graphics and turned piss into gold, it might be better, but then it would have cost more so..."

And just to be clear, I haven't purchased one. Yet. Nor have I voted above.

18. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

$500 Dells have dedicated graphics. This has always been my biggest complaint about all Macbooks. It didn't stop me from buying them in the past (and probably won't stop me from buying it in the future), but it still is a legitimate complaint. For the price point, the Macbooks should have it. I think most people can agree on that. That is a far cry from turning piss into gold, however that would be something I would be willing to pay a hefty sum of money for.