New MacBook Lots of problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Inkei91, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Inkei91 macrumors newbie

Hi, I am new to mac so maybe its just me but this thing has got lots of problems. I am an audio student and i have pro tools with an mbox mini. ill start there with everytime i disconnect my mbox and reconnect it i have to restart my mac for it to be recognized. There is power to the mbox the whole time but just not recognized. same thing with an ilok device. so im constantly restarting my mac and thats annoying. another is that sometimes i will use chrome and have no audio on my videos from ANY site. i have to restart my mac in order for this to be corrected. my wifi locator only picks up my wifi sometimes and if it doesnt i have to restart.

This may be a seperate problem but I am using my mbox in pro tools and pro tools sees the device but i cant get any sound through pro tools. there is sound on the input side of the mix knob but no playback. I tried same with other guitar modeling software same story. Thanks in advance.

Macbook pro 15"
    2.6ghz
    intel core i7
    8gb ram

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

I suggest you give using the provided 1-year warranty a try. Firewire or USB interfaces should be recognized with no problems, you should not have to restart the computer for it to work.