New Macbook/Mighty Mouse Freeze

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Milfin, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Milfin macrumors regular

I've been lurking and reading the threads on this site for the past 3 months.
    I finally made the commitment to go all Apple products. Macbook for the wife first :) and MacBook Pro for me when the new update comes out. Maybe sooner if the wait becomes unbearable.

I bought a brand new macbook 2.2 ghz and Mighty Mouse (Wireless) for my wife and when I synced the mouse to the macbook everything worked with no problems.

After coming back to work on the macbook 15 mins later the mouse froze and even the trackpad did not work. The computer was frozan. The only remedy that I had was to hold the power button down and reboot. This happened twice to me but has not come back as an issue. Has anyone ever had this occur?

Being new to a MAC OS environment is there a ctrl/alt/delete soft reset for Mac's?

2. rogair macrumors member

Are there any other bluetooth devices in your house? What about cordless phones, or even wireless internet? Are the batteries dying?

I notice that when I wake up the Macbook and have a BT mouse, it takes a few seconds to get a reaction (anywhere from 5-30 seconds).

Do all software updates and then start from another user account. See if the problem is still there.

3. Milfin thread starter macrumors regular

In the house the old other bluetooth device's are 2 pda/phones. Moto Q and Palm Treo. There is a 5-30 sec lag before the mouse will work. I just thought this was a standard thing. The apps is running from only 1 user acct.

The frozen screen can not be recreated but it was alarming to have it freeze up on me twice in a 10 min period. I think it had to be something with the mouse because that was all I was doing.