New MacBook mixed with old MacBook in this forum :P

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by poiihy, Mar 9, 2015.

1. poiihy macrumors 68020

poiihy

Has anyone noticed than since the introduction of the MacBook, these forums are flooded and mixed with it? Now we have the new MacBook mixed with the old MacBook in the same forum and it's a mess...

I don't understand why they called it a "MacBook", it is supposed to be a "MacBook AIR" and maybe the other one be the "MacBook". It's all mixed up! But this is the first generation so maybe they'd fix that... who knows. Like the first unibody Mac was a MacBook, then later the MacBook Pro and the MacBooks went back to polycarbonate. Perhaps the MacBook line is Apple's experimental line :rolleyes:

2. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

The only thing that is "mixed up" are the engineers at Apple who thought that producing a laptop with one friggin' port was a good idea.

3. poiihy thread starter macrumors 68020

poiihy

Maybe because it was. ;)

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's hardly a mess. Prior to today's announcement, there was less than a post per day in this subforum, so there won't likely be many new threads on the older MacBooks.

5. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

Yes, today's announcement just gave this sub-forum new life. However, it does mean a lot more frustration for the (plastic) MacBook community trying to post here. Where they once had a quiet sub-forum to themselves they will now be drowned out by constant discussion of the rMB.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It appears the only thing being drowned out will be the previous sound of crickets chirping.

7. Traverse macrumors 604

Traverse

The old MacBook is dying. It hasn't been sold in years and will slowly be phased out. I see no reason not to let this thread topic reman as-is and naturally shift toward the new Mac.

8. poiihy thread starter macrumors 68020

poiihy

Dying? Look at the PowerPC forum! :D Far from dying!

9. Traverse macrumors 604

Traverse

PowerPC was a huge shift. The plastic MacBook was just one line of Macs that Apple killed.

10. poiihy thread starter macrumors 68020

poiihy

I suppose so...

11. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

There are still plenty of people using plastic MacBooks, and having two completely different products share this sub-forum is quite confusing.

This goes back to an earlier discussion regarding a sub-forum specifically for older Intel Macs. I think the MacBook discussion would be best had in such a sub-forun.

12. bigpoppamac31 macrumors 68000

I agree. They should have just updated the MBA with the new specs and retina display and forgone this new macbook entirely.

13. gooser macrumors 6502a

well, i'm sure the moderators in time will find a way to deal with it. caught them by surprise also.