New MacBook, need some help.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by CalmEnvy, Mar 24, 2008.

1. CalmEnvy macrumors 6502

Alright, I'm still having some trouble with my external speakers, hell actually anything in my Audio in port. I hooked my speakers up and got nothing, internal speakers on my MacBook would work fine when I had my external speakers hooked up. I was told to try some headphones just to see if that would work but still nothing. Do I have to bring it back?

Seriously, it hasn't even been three days and if I have to bring it back I'd be a bit pissed off. Is there anything I can do to get it working? Anyone have this problem? Or am I simply just plugging it in to the wrong port and my external speakers are suppose to be hooked up via the Headphone out port? Does that act as the out port for my external speakers as well?

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

The port next to the headphone port is Audio in, plug it into the headphone port.

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Um, Audio In means audio... IN. You are plugging in speakers so you want the audio to come OUT of them so you'd probably be best to plug them into the audio out port.

Microphones = audio in
    Headphones/speakers = audio out.

4. CalmEnvy thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, just figured that out. I'm just used to the PC with headphones meaning headphones only (no speakers). So yeah, I feel like and idiot but oh well lol. **** happens lol.