NEW Macbook (Non-Pro) Design

DarthBowie

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 11, 2006
When do you believe Apple will redesign casing for the Macbook? I remember reading something about aluminum casing...

I thought Apple would have had the matching iPod/iMac/Macbook colors and casing by Christmas...

:confused::cool:

OwlsAndApples

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2006
UK
Who can say, Mac Mini if it sticks around will have to change too for consistency.

I think it may be quite a while...and it depends on whether or not a new ultraportable will come out, but that's just a dream really :p

Comment

GSMiller

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2006
Kentucky
While I love the glossy white design of the (old) iMacs I can't say I would want a notebook made out of the same delicate material. I can't see Apple making the MacBooks the same design as the MacBook Pros, at most they'll probably drop the white ones and just have all black--to better tie them in with the rest of their products.

Comment

butterfly0fdoom

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2007
Camp Snoopy
The MacBook's case design is Apple's newest design (the aluminum iMac is really just a refresh), so I doubt there's going to be any dramatic changes soon.

Comment

Fuzzy14

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2006
Renfrew, Scotland
Depending on your opinion, last week's update to the MacBook was either a major upgrade to replace a out of date processor, or a big disappointment that Apple haven't came through on their promise to have totally recyclable cases by start Nov 07.

Consensus (or at least the rumors) seem to be that the MacBookPro will got Penyryn processors and the aluminium cases at MacWorld in January and the MacBook will follow suit much later. There is on average around 180 days between MacBook updates, so don't expect anything until April next year...

If you need one before Christmas, might as well buy one now.

Comment

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
The MacBook's case design is Apple's newest design (the aluminum iMac is really just a refresh), so I doubt there's going to be any dramatic changes soon.
Ummm...how exactly was the iMac update a "refresh?" An entirely new exterior case, new keyboard, and new innards to boot. I'd call that a pretty major update, hardly a mere "refresh."

Comment

squeeks

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2007
Florida
When do you believe Apple will redesign casing for the Macbook? I remember reading something about aluminum casing...

I thought Apple would have had the matching iPod/iMac/Macbook colors and casing by Christmas...

:confused::cool:
hopefully they woulnt, so people woulnt whine and complain once they are released if they JUST bought an old one:rolleyes:

Comment