NEW Macbook (Non-Pro) Design

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DarthBowie, Nov 7, 2007.

1. DarthBowie macrumors member

When do you believe Apple will redesign casing for the Macbook? I remember reading something about aluminum casing...

I thought Apple would have had the matching iPod/iMac/Macbook colors and casing by Christmas...

:confused::cool:

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

3. OwlsAndApples macrumors 6502a

OwlsAndApples

Who can say, Mac Mini if it sticks around will have to change too for consistency.

I think it may be quite a while...and it depends on whether or not a new ultraportable will come out, but that's just a dream really :p

4. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Well he did include a "?" in the title;)

Yup, surmises the odds pretty well for me. If you need a macbook by the end of the year, you might as well buy now. They've just been updated and they're great machines.

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

haha he did. when things are meant to make it stand out (like the question mark) i tend to not even see it defeating the purpose haha

6. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

While I love the glossy white design of the (old) iMacs I can't say I would want a notebook made out of the same delicate material. I can't see Apple making the MacBooks the same design as the MacBook Pros, at most they'll probably drop the white ones and just have all black--to better tie them in with the rest of their products.

7. butterfly0fdoom macrumors 6502a

The MacBook's case design is Apple's newest design (the aluminum iMac is really just a refresh), so I doubt there's going to be any dramatic changes soon.

8. Fuzzy14 macrumors 65816

Fuzzy14

Depending on your opinion, last week's update to the MacBook was either a major upgrade to replace a out of date processor, or a big disappointment that Apple haven't came through on their promise to have totally recyclable cases by start Nov 07.

Consensus (or at least the rumors) seem to be that the MacBookPro will got Penyryn processors and the aluminium cases at MacWorld in January and the MacBook will follow suit much later. There is on average around 180 days between MacBook updates, so don't expect anything until April next year...

If you need one before Christmas, might as well buy one now.

9. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Ummm...how exactly was the iMac update a "refresh?" An entirely new exterior case, new keyboard, and new innards to boot. I'd call that a pretty major update, hardly a mere "refresh."

10. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

hopefully they woulnt, so people woulnt whine and complain once they are released if they JUST bought an old one:rolleyes: