New Macbook.... Not Working?!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ipodtouchy333, Oct 22, 2008.

1. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

Ok, well I just got my first mac 2 days ago. Well I burned my old iTunes library onto a few DVD's to just transfer over to my new macbook. I have burned most of my stuff on there but I started to have a problem. During the copying process of a DVD to iTunes I put my computer to sleep and a few hours later brought it back up and iTunes was frozen. So I finally force quit it and it says now I can't even open iTunes because it is "locked" or something. I can't eject the cd either. So then I just pushed the power button and hit shut down and now it has been frozen on the leopard screen (no desktop) with the little "bars" just going around in a circle.....please help!

2. archvile macrumors member

archvile

Have you powered it off and turned it back on? I'd go with that. Hold down the mouse button when you power it back on so it ejects the CD, just in case.
    If everything comes up fine, I would just copy all of the stuff off of the DVD onto the desktop or something, and from there import it into itunes. I don't understand what you mean by itunes saying it is locked...could you explain that a bit more?