New Macbook on The Fringe not running OSX

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Hipnomac, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Hipnomac macrumors regular

Hipnomac

Did anybody else notice from Tuesdays episode, when the Olivias niece is playing on the new macbook that its not running OSX. It looks to be eithe running a version of Linux or windows.

Just thought this was interesting.

Any one else notice this?

2. zachplaysguitar macrumors 6502

zachplaysguitar

I've seen similar things to this. I think they run some type of extremely generic linux, so it can't be readily identified as a certain companies product. I also think that when shows/commercials/movies use last gen MacBook Pros, its because they are so simple when looked at from the front when opened, it just looks like a generic computer to those who are not familiar with it.

3. Hipnomac thread starter macrumors regular

Hipnomac

you could clearly see the apple logo, and the macbook on the screen, however.

4. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Computer displays don't photograph well--though LCD's are better than CRT's--and many times an artificial display is generated, particularly for shows that have some incredibly advanced, instant-solution, totally fake "app" running. (CSI comes to mind :rolleyes:)

Also, I bet it beeped and clicked more than any other Mac (or any computer, for that matter) in existence.

5. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

The computer was just displaying a video, geez.