I was waiting for months for yday's macbook announcement certain that i would order one straight away to replace my dying ibook g4, but now that they've arrived I'm just confused My main hesitations with the new macbook are the loss of firewire and the apparent lack of processor upgrade. tbh i never use the firewire at the mo, but i wanted to buy a video camera soon.. will not having the f/w limit the type of camera i can buy? Another thing is that i live in Thailand which does not have a mac store yet, only resellers, so if i choose the new macbook i will have to wait at least 2 months for them to arrive here. They have the blackbooks in stock now retailing at $1650 inc. 4GB memory upgrade, and now that the new ones are out I will be able to negotiate a discount as well (the price is equivalent to nearly 1 year av. salary here, so they dont sell well and they want to shift old stock). So my question is, should I just get the blackbook while i still can or hang on for the new one? OR do i wait til xmas when my friend comes over from the states and get her to bring me a refurb. from Apple? My budget is $1600 and i want a mac that i will be happy with for 2/3 years, just dont want to buy the new macbook and down the line go 'dammit i need that firewire' or whatever. Now that they've taken the blackbook off the apple site i cant compare the specs anymore, so any advice is very much appreciated!