New Macbook owner critical question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by faneos, Aug 19, 2015.

1. faneos macrumors member

faneos

Hello guys.

Can a daily 10 SMC and PRRAM resets due to some issues i have with OS X Yosemite after upgrade hurt my mac hardware?

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Um, perhaps a better question would be, what issues are you having that would need 10 SMC and PRAM resets a day?
    Solve the issues, then the question about resets goes away

Let's start at the beginning...

3. faneos thread starter macrumors member

faneos

Hello.
    After upgrade from mavericks i experience some unusual lag and periodically wifi drops in speed.I shutdown the mac reset the smc turn it on reset the pram.This fix is temporally after two hours same scenario.This is my computer life about a month now.

4. faneos thread starter macrumors member

faneos

Hello.
    After upgrade from mavericks i experience some unusual lag and periodically wifi drops in speed.I shutdown the mac reset the smc turn it on reset the pram.This fix is temporally after two hours same scenario.This is my computer life about a month now.

5. ThisOldMacHead macrumors member

It's not going to hurt the machine, in and of itself.

With that said, it's better to figure out what's happening. First off.. What machine do you have exactly? What specs?

While it's not been my own personal experience with Yosemite, others have reported it being fairly buggy for them - especially wifi issues. It could be software, or it could be related to your router. Same goes for the lag...

We need to know what your working with.

6. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

I have had this issue when connecting to generic routers never to my airport though. Resetting the system in that way could be solving the issue because your just disconnecting and reconnecting to your router.

7. chevalier433 macrumors 6502a

chevalier433

Revert back to Mavericks and stay there until El Capitan release.

8. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Yosemite did have some wifi issues at the initial release. Are you running the latest version?