New MacBook Owner... Hard Drive Questions.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ShayMac, Aug 23, 2011.

1. ShayMac macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

I am very new to the world of Mac, but happy to be here! I hope these question aren't too silly, I just want to be cautious with my new Mac. Well, new, used Mac. I have figured out the basics... navigation and such. I just have a few Hard Drive questions.

First, here's what I have: Late 2009 MacBook, Mac os x 10.6.8, 2.16 GHz Intel Core Duo. It has: 3GB DDR3 RAM, Start up Disk osx LEOPARD. It also has on the Desktop a 500GB osx LION. As well it came with a 250GB external Hard Drive, loaded with what seems to be at least a $1000.00 or more of apps. (Original owner said "thousands of dollars".) PhotoShop; Windows os's, and a lot more... it also has the two original LION and LEOPARD disks.

My questions are; is there a way to use the two internal Hard Drives as one? Even though they seem to have different os's. The start up Disk is rather small and almost full. Also, how would I know if these apps are not hacked or stolen if you will? I am scared to click anything on the external Drive... I just ejected it.

Sorry for being long winded, but I am just learning as I go, lol.

The guy I traded for did not give me much info. All he said was "it was all a fresh install". It seems that it was...

Thanks for your time and consideration! Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Shay

2. dandeco macrumors regular

I'm afraid there isn't a way to install two internal hard drives in a MacBook... unless you replace the optical drive with a special module, but then you'd need an external DVD burner or something...

3. ShayMac thread starter macrumors newbie

:eek: O-k, I must have misunderstood him. He had upgraded to the 500GB Hard Drive. Maybe they are partitioned or something? The start up Disk osx LEOPARD says it has 20GB. The rest seems to be on the other. There is an icon to both on my desktop. I'm such a noob, lmao! I should've asked more questions...

4. Mutinygraphiks macrumors regular

Mutinygraphiks

he has a dual partition leaving more space for SL, and less for Lion as its not fully integrated with every software on the market, it has to be a trial to test the computer out with the new features.