New Macbook Owner With a Few Questions

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by iRiFF, Sep 25, 2008.

1. iRiFF macrumors newbie

hi i am the proud new owner of a macbook white low end model, and this is my first ever mac :D, the internet on it seems to be running real slow though compared to my sisters hp notebook and i have full wireless bars, any tips on ow to sort this out? also i recieved it with like a few scuffs around the keyboard and took it back and got another one and this one has a few little scuffs to, is this normal? im lovin the mac though but im kinds scared to use it lol cos i dont wanna mash it up, but i bought a film body protection by macmate which is comin tomrro any comments you have on the things i have said will be much appreciated.

the reason i switched is cos of the iphone i bought one after using my freinds and then decided that if they got the phone so right the notebooks must be amazin and so far so good,

2. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Sorry don't really know about your wireless problem but mine also came with a few marks around the outside of the keyboard so i have no idea what they do with them after they build them, must just chuck them around lol

3. 11800506 macrumors 65816

I'm assuming you are using Safari, you could try Firefox to see if the pages load quicker (although Safari likely isn't the source of the issue).

4. iRiFF thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the replies, i was kinda pissed at the scratches tho but what can you do, im gettin stressed by the slow download speeds aswell as im a hadcore downloader, what hapened to everything just works lol but the system sppeds are much better then my sisters hp.