New MacBook Owner!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by maclovin', Aug 4, 2008.

1. maclovin' macrumors regular

maclovin'

So I'm officially the proud new owner of a Black Macbook!! I couldn't take waiting any longer, and I'm more than happy with the current Macbook's look/specs. I'm on vacation(working) for the summer, so I had my dad bring it up to me today. Slow internet connection up here, so I am currently half way done downloading the 10.5.4 Leopard update with five hours left. All last week leading up to today, I've been downloading apps that I'll want/need, and today I just put them on the Macbook and installed them. I am so happy I can't contain myself, which is why I made this pretty much pointless thread. I'm done now.:D

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

3. maclovin' thread starter macrumors regular

maclovin'

One question...as I'm browsing the internet filling out various web forms, I've come to remember that selecting check boxes with tab is not default, and it has to be turned on. Problem is I can't remember how I did it on my iMac last year. How do you do this?

4. M4CBOOK macrumors regular

M4CBOOK

five hours it took me only 1 hour at motel 6

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You mean this?

[​IMG]

6. FaisalQ macrumors newbie

Congratulations on the purchase. I just got myself the blackbook a couple of days ago aswell. got a sticky spacebar problem. but other than that i love it.

7. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

congrats, just got mine last week and im lovin it I am glad your enjoying your fine apple product too:)

8. JCT macrumors 6502

Congrats and enjoy!

I promised my son a new blackbook for the start of high school and he is just agonizing over the wait and trying to decide whether to wait and see what is coming.

The source of much discussion in my house...

JT

9. maclovin' thread starter macrumors regular

maclovin'

Thanks for all the comments guys, I couldn't be happier with this purchase.

@alphaod: yes that's what I meant, but that's only for Safari...is there a way to do this for Firefox?

@FaisalQ: I personally haven't noticed the sticky spacebar, however my dad has...is it anything to be concerned about, or will it continue working properly?

10. pinktank macrumors 6502

I believe It's under accesibility in system pref.

11. maclovin' thread starter macrumors regular

maclovin'

Where is that? The more I think about it, the more I'm realizing it was something in System Prefs, not on an application by application basis. What ever the preference is and wherever the preference is, it also allows you to select different buttons on certain dialogues as well. Like in the picture below...you would be able to select the check box, as well as the cancel button with tab.

Attached Files:

12. mixmacface macrumors regular

mixmacface

congrats on the fabulous purchase! i got myself a white macbook last tuesday, and have LOVED it ever since.

13. FaisalQ macrumors newbie

Nah , dont worry about it, i believe its a manufacturing defect that affects just a few of them. However, it does get horrendously annoying after a while, but it seems to work just fine. If it hasnt happened to you yet, then theres a pretty good chance it never will.

14. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler

15. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler

Congratulations!!
    BTW
    Maclovin'= Awesome name

16. maclovin' thread starter macrumors regular

maclovin'

Thanks, on both accounts!!

17. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

congrats

I have had my penryn macbook (my first mac, but i knew all about them and we have 2 others in the house) and it is AMAZING

I honestly don't care whats coming out next and stuff because an update is always around the corner. So everyone should just be happy with what they get, all mac's are great products and will last if you take care of em.

18. maclovin' thread starter macrumors regular

maclovin'

Absolutely, couldn't agree with you more!

19. applecupcakes macrumors member

applecupcakes

Yay! I got my first macbook just over a month ago and the excitement was unbearable. I'm still so in love with her! I've wanted one for AGES and finally had the financial ability to make the purchase. For a few weeks I toyed with the "Do I buy now? Or do I wait for the updates??" debate, but I ultimately decided that I like the MBs as they are now so I'd might as well buy. I guess I'll see what I think when the updates are released, but I can't see regretting this purchase at ALL.
    Congratulations!