New macbook packaging???

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ll PiStoNs ll, Sep 16, 2008.

1. ll PiStoNs ll macrumors regular

Today I was at the apple store in troy, MI and saw a pecuiliar box. I was at the front paying for the ipod touch and looked to the left where the employees go to the back. I saw a guy wheeling a cart and an emppty box dropped of the side and it said macbook with a top view of an open silver macbook, but the box was black and with a little purple??? The guy in front of me was buying a macbook pro and I knew there was a difference... what do you guise think

2. ksabek macrumors member

wooow nice man you maybe saw something that apple considers top secret!!!! well it is maybe the new macbook well because it has the aluminum cover and the case is different than the pro...!!!!
    but if they will announce them in mid-Oct why ship them now?!:confused:

3. TommyLee macrumors regular

if it was top secret, it wouldn't be wheeled around an apple store :rolleyes:

4. ll PiStoNs ll thread starter macrumors regular

5. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

can i be the first one to say it? ... really? .. ok:

"pics or it never happened" :p

6. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

right, but that is exactly what the MBA box looks like... (which also says Macbook on it)

7. alexlovesmacs macrumors 6502a

8. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler

so they will collect dust in the apple store for a month??

9. Mr$Whale macrumors member

aww, and I thought that this was going to be about new eco-friendly designed packaging....

10. CaptainCaveMann macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

Damn dude, I wonder if this is legit. Apple is not very good at keeping secrets anymore haha.

11. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

Probably a lie.

If they just shipped them yesterday and there were in Apple Stores, we'd have a leak by now (remember the Nano?)

12. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

I don't think it is a lie, the OP may have just saw the MBA box and was mistaken.

13. RTiii320 macrumors 6502a

RTiii320

exactly you dont think that some apple store employee across the nation wouldnt have already snapped a few pictures of this *new* macbook? not saying you didnt see it but its hard to believe no one has reported on these already arriving at the apple stores yet

14. alexlovesmacs macrumors 6502a

Maybe the new packaging will be plastic like the iPod Nanos?

15. ksabek macrumors member

i agree that apple store employees would have taken some pics of it!!!:p
    but plastic packaging comon thats not nice at AL!!!!!

16. *Sandy* macrumors 6502

17. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

He saw nothing but a MacBook Air box. Apple Stores don't receive products until the day before their release.

18. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

REPEAT.

(see above)

19. *Sandy* macrumors 6502

I agree, but you really never know!

20. polaris20 macrumors 68020

A lie implies purposeful deception on the OP's part. He's either correct, or he's mistaken. But if he's mistaken, it's not a "lie".

21. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

aww come on guys, let's look at this realistically (rumor consideration as well) if it WERE (which I seriously doubt) the new MB,

1. It wouldn 't be 'wheeled' around
    2. It would not be put in a position (by a door leading to the store floor) where someone could catch a glimpse of it

We all know how secretive Apple is and I seriously doubt someone would just go "ahh just stick it here for now until October"

Now it may be possible since they are rumored to have shipped, but they would be or SHOULD be placed in the back away from doors or in a box marked "Do not open until XXXXX" much like the iPhone was.

I love this... all one person has to do is post "I saw a 13" iMac" and there's about 80% "man I hope this is true/I can't wait/Glad I didn't buy yet" posts and 20% "I call BS" posts.

Most likely thing is the OP saw a MBA box, the chance the OP saw a new MB box falls under the "not probable" (I didn't say not possible though) category.

22. Tensakun macrumors 6502

Tensakun

Yeah, I'm also guessing an honest mistake, maybe fueled by overeager desire.

Don't think Apple would be so loose--the initial batches are probably packed in high-tech, unmarked crates. Installed camera takes video and DNA samples of anyone trying to open it. Misbehaving employee loses job, a limb, and maybe first-born child.:eek:

23. RTiii320 macrumors 6502a

RTiii320

exactly, maybe even boxes that explode if they are opened before their intended date :D