New MacBook price drop coming?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Qinetic, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Qinetic macrumors member

I'm definitely in the market for a new Aluminum MacBook but just wondering if anyone thinks that a price drop is coming any time soon. I want to get my hands on one but not at the cost of waiting just a little bit longer.

2. Crash1234 macrumors regular

Doubt it, they were just recently updated and macworld has come and gone.. so no price drops in the near future. The next refresh of the line would probably be in.. what is it? June or July? As far as I know, apple doesn't really do price cuts, unless your looking at buying a refurb.

3. Tinknock71 macrumors 6502

Tinknock71

The soonest You will see a sale would be next "Black Friday" or a Price drop? Now that would be something to see!!! But unlikely.:(

4. svndmvn Guest

Check out the refurb section of the store, refurbs are as good as new if not better.
    As for updates and price-adjustments. I guess in a couple of months or as late as June. The white one could be gone, and the 2.0 could take it's place. Or even better, a 2.1GHz Al MB. I also suspect some RAM changes in both MB and MBP lines, seeing the 17" takes up to 8GBs.

5. dnguyen macrumors regular

part of me says no, but another part says yes because i don't think they'll be offering the whitebook after the next update.

6. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

I would love a drop but they don't drop prices.

ChrisN

7. Lava Lamp Freak macrumors 65816

I know one rumor was that the white would be dropped at MacWorld. When that happens I don't think it would be out of the question for the 2.0 to be dropped down to $1099 or maybe even $999. But that is all speculation. We'll just have to wait and see.

8. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

9. philosopherdog macrumors 6502a

philosopherdog

You probably missed the sales at xmas. I saw $100 off, in fact I invoked the deal as a price guarantee on mine. But that's the best I've seen them at. Anyhow, the machine is worth every penny IMO. I wouldn't hesitate. It's amazing value for the money.

10. Qinetic thread starter macrumors member

I knew that Apple didn't really "drop" their prices but I guess either I wasn't being too clear or you guys are too literal. Obviously I mean, is there expected to be upgrades to the current configurations for the said price. They must do it eventually but I was wondering if it was coming in the next month or so. If not then I'll just get one now.

I'm looking for places that sell it with 0% interest free periods. Best Buy has their 18 month card, Apple has the Juniper card for 3 months, and Amazon has their 24 month card. I'm just trying to find the best deal, maybe a card with benefits would be good chunk. Thanks!

11. fifthroot macrumors member

fifthroot

Could always save all the money up and buy it with cash...nothing beats knowing you have a new computer and you don't owe money on it. Makes the experience that much sweeter. :D

12. 01jamcon macrumors 6502a

01jamcon

Pretty unlikely the updates are gonna happen by the end of February, April at the earliest I'd say.

13. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

No price drops, possible RAM and speed bumb in May

14. Qinetic thread starter macrumors member

Eh, alright. I got one since I'm compulsive. I probably would've bought it anyway knowing that an upgrade was coming. :p Now I'm obsessing over which bag to get. I just can't seem to find what I want.

15. pwn247 macrumors 6502

pwn247

Yeah, mate, I doubt that the MacBook is going to get a price drop. :p

99.9% of the time: When Apple sets a price, they lock it down. Only on very special occasions will Apple drop the price of a product.

16. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

judging by the fallout of their last price drop (original iphone) i would imagine Apple would want to avoid that scenario like the plague!

17. svndmvn Guest

still, they won't keep the white macbook forever, the base aluminum macbook will start under $1000 so it can actually be considered a price drop, in my opinion.

18. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Sometimes, maybe, a authorized reseller will drop a price by either getting rid of updated/discontinued models or cutting into their own profit margins. These are very modest drops, and usually few and far between. This soon after Black Friday? Doubt it.

19. applephysci macrumors regular

Google. It can "find for you what you want".

20. Diveactive macrumors newbie

Diveactive

logic boards Not reliable. mac book pro

I would like to know if i can get one a t a lower price , but Now a little put of that the logic boards keep going wrong. my second even third one now and its going to cost 500 UK to repair . looking at the net they all are expensive. just put me back 3 years work. What to do buy another . get this one a board when price drops. All money I dont have being a student at 51.

All the money i soent on aperture and paralells and photography soft ware and photo shop Now Im in hell street. Some one give me some light.