New MacBook Pro 13" 2011 Bluetooth Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Shaun.P, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Shaun.P macrumors 68000

Shaun.P

Hi all,

My new MacBook Pro 13" just arrived, replacing a 2009 MacBook Pro of the same size.

Using my Magic Mouse on the MBP when I have programs starting up, or running something intensive in the background, the mouse pointer stutters and is not smooth at all. The mouse worked fine today with my older MBP.

When I move the pointer using my trackpad it is very smooth with no stuttering or lagging.

I've restarted the computer and also replaced the batteries in the mouse. I've also also reconnected the mouse numerous times.

Should I send the computer back - is this potentially part of a more serious fault or just the bluetooth not being too good on the new models?

Should I just use a wired mouse instead? Would a replacement work any better?

Sorry about all the questions, but I am just a bit uncertain on what to do.

2. kiddfroster macrumors newbie

Batteries?

I would try changing the batteries in your mouse first, since Bluetooth can kill the batteries and make a reliable connection impossible.

If that doesn't work, you should have the MBP switched out for a new one. You may have just gotten a rotten Apple. :)

3. DaLorD macrumors newbie

I also have BT problems on my new 15" MBP..
    It worked fine until last friday but now the MM and the Keyboard starts lagging after a couple of minutes and stays like that for a while and then it gets normal again.. just to switch back again after a few minutes..
    Very annoying.. trackpad and ipad-mouse-app over wifi works fine..

I realy wish this is a software problem..

Did you solve your problem?

btw.. first post.. :) been using MAC since 2k5.,,

4. Shaun.P thread starter macrumors 68000

Shaun.P

I asked for a replacement which works a lot better.

5. joergr macrumors newbie

got it

i could not believe this - got my new mbp13 today, installed a nice vertex 3 and.....wow vertex runs like fire BUT after a few mins exactly the bluetooth problems you describe here appeared.

ok to shorten it i have figured it out. it is an interference with the airport module. don´t believe me? wait till the bluetooth gets flaky and disable wlan, et voila everything back fine.

what you can do (what i did): do you have n speed on your wlan router configured? try to use g instead. other ways would be to change the channel. especially channel 12 seems to very badly confuse the bluetooth module of the mbp 2011. strange: my old mbp 2009 didn´t have this issue.

best regards,
    Joerg