New Macbook Pro 13" 2011 Greenish tint on skin?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hello880, Aug 15, 2011.

1. hello880 macrumors member

I've recently bought a Macbook Pro 13" and I noticed that in videos and in pictures, dark brown shades seemed to have a greenish tint to them... I've compared with my old laptop and my other Mac Cinema Display and both computers didn't have the problem... I've also tried calibrating/using other color profiles but nothing seems to help the strong green color. I have the 9CC7 LCD screen.

2. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Well then it sounds like you have a faulty screen. I would definitely take that back if I were you and get a new one.

3. Pyre1582 macrumors newbie

Either you have a faulty screen, or your screen needs to be calibrated badly.

Mine had to be calibrated since everything had a yellowish tint, since calibrated the screen is just perfect.

Try calibrating your screen.

4. hello880 thread starter macrumors member

I've already tried... the yellow goes away a bit but the green is still there. Would you mind sharing your calibration file?

I've already taken it to Apple and the other models on display didn't have the problem and they were a different model but they said they didn't have the type on display available...

5. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Well then tell them to send it off and fix it; you obviously have something wrong with your screen... if you have tried calibrating it multiple times and you still have the problem, there might be something wrong.

You have the free warranty, have them send it off or just refund it and get a different one.

6. hello880 thread starter macrumors member

But I think it's just a problem with the model because they gave me a new one at the Apple Store to try out which had the same LCD screen model and it had the same problem.

7. Young Spade macrumors 68020

.... but you shouldn't be having ANY problems with a brand new computer, that's my point. It should come configured and perfect when you buy it.

If it were me, I would go back and keep getting new ones until they gave me one that was perfect, right out of the box. When you're paying over a grand for a computer, it should come perfect.

Now if you can simply calibrate it and fix it, that's great; however it seems like you're going through a lot when you're buying something new.