New MacBook Pro 13: Need Advice

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by James4894, Apr 15, 2010.

1. James4894 macrumors newbie

Hi

I currently own a i5 iMac and a Late 2008 Macbook Pro 15" with a 2.4 GHz and 4GB Ram. The Quad Core iMac is my main computer, and has been serving me extremely well. I do word processing, web browsing, Photoshop, and sometimes Flash.

I am planning to sell my current 15" MacBook Pro for $1000 (on salemymac.com; Would anybody want to purchase it for a similar price?:)) for a new one. I am eyeing the low end 13" MacBook Pro (2.4 GHz and 4GB RAM). I will be doing the same stuff as I do in my iMac, but not as much and intense. Will it fit my needs, or should I go for the higher end 13" model ($300 for only 2.66 GHz and bigger hard drive, ARE YOU JOKING APPLE?) or the 15" models. I am on a budget, as I am planning to purchase the new Adobe CS5 Premium Design Suite (only $450 for students!). I have also saved enough money for a 32 GB 3G iPad, but now I am starting to doubt I need one. If I have a 13" MacBook Pro (small screen size), how will the iPad (9.7" screen) fit in my life?

Sorry, all this is quite confusing, and I am sorry for going a bit out of topic. But, I need some sound advice.

Thanks for the help guys!
    James :)

2. EuroBrit macrumors member

I do everything you want to do on my 1GB RAM, 2Ghz Core 2 Duo iMac. I'm sure the MBP will be able to do it perfectly.

3. bluskale macrumors regular

if you're looking towards purchasing an ipod, wait until the summer education discounts roll around (if you're in any way affiliated with a college). Personally, I wouldn't try too hard to put an iPad in there... what would you do with it? Finally, 13'' should be fine imo... but I'm not so sure you'll be getting quite $1000 for your older laptop.

4. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

I'm closing a deal on $1,500 for the same specs with Applecare