New Macbook Pro 13 non-touchbar or older model?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by InfernoUk, Mar 29, 2017.

1. InfernoUk macrumors 6502

Hey guys

In the market for a macbook and I was looking at the base 13 inch pro without touchbar, however some reviews seem to indicate that the previous 2015 macbook pro bought used is the better choice for the money?

Can anyone with more knowledge fill me in as to why that is or is not the case performance wise?

I dont care about ports and my main use is XCode as an iOS developer, im also eligible for student discount and can claim back VAT so the brand new macbook would cost me around £1000 so thats also my used budget

Cheers

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

Performance wise the new MacBook Pro nTB will beat the old rMBP 13 inch in all metrics if it's going to cost the same then the new one is a better buy, better battery, faster performance on all components, nicer brighter screen and much better graphics not to mention fastest I/O if port configuration isn't a consideration.

3. xb2003 macrumors 6502

xb2003

The base 2016 benches slightly higher than the base 2015. The advantages of the 2015 would be ports (if you prefer them), cost, and more proven design.