New Macbook Pro 13" Quick Question?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RunOverProducti, Jul 6, 2009.

1. RunOverProducti macrumors regular

Hello,

I'm thinking about purchasing the new MacBook Pro 13", 2.53 processing speed, 4GB memory and 500GB HardDrive.

I'm planning to use it for travelling, 1) For Logic and 2) For iMovie or possibly be getting FinalCut Express or Pro...

The reason for the 13", well, because of the size, it would be perfect for travelling.

With the specification that I mentioned above, do you think it will be a problem using Logic or Final Cut?

Thanks guys...

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. RunOverProducti thread starter macrumors regular

This is the system requirements for FCP:

A Macintosh computer with a 1.25GHz or faster PowerPC G4, PowerPC G5, Intel Core Duo, or Intel Xeon processor
    1GB of RAM
    An AGP or PCI Express Quartz Extreme graphics card (Final Cut Studio is not compatible with integrated Intel graphics processors)
    A display with 1024-by-768 resolution or higher
    Mac OS X v10.4.11 or Mac OS X v10.5.5 or later
    QuickTime 7.5.5 or later
    A DVD drive for installation

Am I missing something?

4. Ann P macrumors 68020

I think he's just referring to the screen size. ;) If it's fine with you then it shouldn't matter.

5. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

yes. There is no way you can run final cut pro comfortably on a 13 inch screen. I say at least two screens are necessary for Final Cut.

6. RunOverProducti thread starter macrumors regular

This for for travelling, I have an iMac with an extra monitor at home that I would be doing more of the work on, since I'm travelling I figure I can get a head start with macBook Pro 13"

I just need to know if is gonna be too heavy, plus I would get a to go external hardrive.

7. airplaneman macrumors 6502a

you're only missing screen space. the other stuff's more than sufficient.;)

8. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

What is your idea of "heavy" ? I don't find my 15" MBP too heavy, but that's me. You might find a 13" too heavy. Go to a store and pick one up to see?

9. RunOverProducti thread starter macrumors regular

I don't mean heavy as in weight heavy, more like running the softwares I mentioned above heavy.

10. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Oh. I don't think power is going to be the main limitation. My first post was merely a commentary on the limitations of FCP on a 13" screen. I'd imagine you'd want a larger screen for that kind of thing, even if you're traveling.

11. RunOverProducti thread starter macrumors regular

Very cool, that was my main issue...But when I get home I can finish them off on the iMac.

THANK YOU:eek:

12. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

All of the notebooks are plenty light for travel. That's why they're called "portables" even the 17 inch Macbook Pro isn't heavy.

13. RunOverProducti thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks but I mentioned above on one of the replies that I wasn't talking about weight heavy, more of software heavy:D