New macbook pro 13" touchpad freeze / pause

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bazza88, Jun 27, 2009.

1. bazza88 macrumors newbie

I've had my new Macbook Pro for about a week and I love it, it's my first Mac and it's simply a joy to use. The chassis in my opinion is second to none and OS X is slick and intuitive.

However I am having a slight problem with the touchpad - sometimes there is a very brief pause or freeze action i.e. I try to move the mouse pointer and it will stay frozen in the same location for about a second or two. Would this be normal when the CPU is under some load i.e. opening an application for e.g.?

I would be grateful if anyone could give me any ideas on what may be the problem.

2. dacreativeguy macrumors 68000

I think you'll find that you are accidentally touching the trackpad with a second finger sometimes. When that happens, whatever you were doing with the first finger stops. It takes a little time to adjust to the buttonless trackpad.

3. bazza88 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah, it did cross my mind that two fingers on the touch pad may have been the problem; after all it’s inconsistent and infrequent when it happens. I will have to keep that in mind :D

The touchpad by the way is excellent and it is so smooth, by far the best touchpad I’ve came across.

Thanks for your reply.