New Macbook Pro 13 /w 2.53 Ghz Core 2 Duo, temperatures?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Anaxarxes, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Anaxarxes macrumors regular

Hey guys... Just picked up my new Macbook pro 13" yesterday and I'm happy like a 5 year old :)

I swapped the HDD with Seagate's 500GB 7200.4 drive and my laptop runs great, I can't really complain...

The only issue occurred to me when I installed iStat Pro. It shows the CPU temp as 64 degrees Celsius. :eek:

I'm worried that this is a little bit too high, what are your temps?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

What's your fan speed?

I'd reset your SMC to see if that resolves the problem, or you can download smcFanControl and manually adjust the fan speed up.

3. Anaxarxes thread starter macrumors regular

4. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Your fans won't really go beyond the 2000 rpm mark until your CPU temperature hits at least 70 C or more. Once it passes that and gets hotter, you will notice your fans. If not then there is something wrong. If you're worried about your temperature (you shouldn't) then you can go ahead and install software that will spin the fans depending on temperature based on your preference.

5. Smoothie macrumors 6502

The CPU temp will vary depending on what it's doing. 64 degrees is nothing to worry about. But there's another thread where people are hitting over 90 degrees and the fans stayed at 2000 rpm. My 13" MBP hit over 80 degrees just ripping a CD using iTunes before the fans starting to spin up to about 2500 rpm. I may install a fan control utility.

6. Some Guy 555 macrumors regular

I do not own a 13 inch but have a previous 2.66 15 inch pro.

The heat right now is 55C (133F).

The highest I have seen it go (I forced it to heat up :D) was 82C.

The fans don't kick in until mid 70's in Celsius.