New macbook pro 13

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by xbeamelite, Jul 2, 2010.

1. xbeamelite macrumors newbie

After many weeks of reading this forum I finally pulled the trigger on the macbook pro 13 from Microcenter ($999). Service and everything was great. Even watched the Uruguay v Ghana OT and PK with the managers at the store.

I asked if I was allowed to open the Macbook and inspect it to make sure everything was ok and that was fine. The only thing that I found awkward was the sticker on the box that seals it. There were TWO stickers. One underneath that was clearly opened, and then a brand new one right on top of it. It kind of bugged me for a while but everything on the laptop is cherry.

Anyone encounter that before? Also just a quick question about the battery...It says 9+ hours when im web surfing (typing this) but it fluctuates around from 6-9 hours. Is that normal?

Thanks for the replies. I'm just playing around with it now until I get my new hitachi 7,200 HD next week.

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Well firstly, congrats! :). Secondly, I would've asked Microcenter to make sure you didn't get a returned model or at least ask them why the seal was broken at the bottom? But as long as the seal to the plastic that covered the MBP wasn't broken you should be fine.
    In terms of the battery it will fluctuate dramatically depending on where you're surfing. If you're surfing to sites that use Flash whether ads or videos it will pull on your CPU cycles causing the battery to drop.

3. Beefy macrumors member

Congrats on the new purchase! I just got a 2010 MBP 13" as well. Interestingly enough, my MBP came the EXACT same way as far as the seals are concerned. I was a little worried at first, but then opened the box and everything was untouched, the plastic was still on the MBP and the plastic was also still on the screen. Everything was included and seemed untouched inside the box. The only difference is that I bought mine on eBay from a very reputable seller. I sent him an email asking about it and he said he had no idea and it must have come to him that way. He seemed genuine and it was pretty obvious to me that it hadn't been touched so I wasn't going to worry about it. Now that I hear I'm not the only one, it makes me feel even better. :D

Good luck with the new computer! :)

4. xbeamelite thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah I figured thats what the battery would do, but I just wanted to be sure, thanks.

Also I didn't notice the two seals until later. Wouldn't only Apple have those clear sealing stickers? I wouldn't see how Microcenter would have those stickers. If someone opened it, and returned it they would have to sell as "open item" no? Also they print out a paper for you to pick up the computer from the pickup counter and on the print out, it lists their inventory and they had 149 New, and 0 refurbished. Just wondering.

Everything inside was sealed perfectly and no scratches on my mbp as I've heard some people have had. Thats why I asked to inspect it :).

5. xbeamelite thread starter macrumors newbie

haha gluck with your computer, too. I love mine...yes its very comforting knowing you arent the only one! I guess its normal.

6. reynaldom macrumors newbie

Just curious what week are your MBP? I got mine two days after launch day at an apple store and it also had two seals...my guess is that at the factory they swapped the old style MagSafe for the new one

7. jake.f macrumors 6502

I bought the same laptop directly from apple, and mine had only one sticker...

8. xbeamelite thread starter macrumors newbie

mine was dated at 4 weeks according to coconut battery...

9. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I got mine from microcenter 4 weeks ago and it only had one sticker, brand new, perfect!! :D

10. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Congradz! Lol I love that little song that goes off when you turn on your Mac for the first time :D

By the way, it is pretty normal that your battery life goes from 6 hours to 9 hours etc...

11. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

I bought mine from Apple and it had two stickers on but maybe the place you bought it from just opened it to check the contents where there.