new Macbook Pro 15'' battery problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by docbot, Jan 24, 2014.

1. docbot macrumors newbie

I just got my maxed out Macbook Pro 15'' and having troubles with my battery :( at first it only lasted for 1,5 hours and after calling the support line and holding some buttons to reconnect the battery and the logic board I now get 5 hours (displayed in the upper right corner) when fully loaded.

battery info only gets displayed as "gut" which means "good" shouldn't be "very good" if it's brand new?

Here's a screenshot from my system info (in german though).

Should I just send it back and get a new one?

[​IMG]

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I think 5 hours is a goo value, depending on your usage. As for statuses for the battery, I'm not familiar with what it uses.

3. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

What button's did they have you hit ?

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

I dont understand German but one of those lines should say Battery Condition

does it say normal?

you can also try an app like coconut battery to see the health of the battery

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Did you remember to fully charge the battery when you first got it? Apple notebooks are shipped with only a partial charge on the battery, which could account for it lasting only 1.5 hours at first. If you fully charged it and only got 1.5 hours, it's possible you had a process running that was consuming system resources and causing a faster drain.

There are many factors that impact your battery life. See the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link for details, including tips on how to maximize your battery life.
    The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.
    Most likely, they gave directions for resetting the SMC.