New Macbook Pro 15" Generation

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NewGuyHere, May 6, 2012.

1. NewGuyHere macrumors regular

Hey guys, its me. I have decided that I will wait until the new generation of 15'" MBPs come out. Anyone know when or a time when they will come out this year? Also is it true that they are taking out the optical drives in them [please no] for a slimmer design. I mean honestly they are slim enough, and taking one of the major components of a good computer is an optical drive. Anyway thanks. Please reply.

2. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

Well if you just spent couple sec on searching a thread about the release date... there is like millions of those out there.

And yet we all dont know.
    Some say end of May/beginning of June, some say end of this year.
    But the Mobile Ivy CPU hasnt even came out yet.
    We cant say much but Im guessing end of June.

The optical drive has been less concerned by many users.
    I myself only use the optical like once 5 month.
    I would rather fit a SSD or HDD in there.
    Though I doubt they will take it out, i wish they are going to.
    If one really needs to use it, just get a USB optical drive.

3. lionmanpt macrumors regular

If you just look at the Macbook Pro topic where you post this thread you had noticed that there is one gigantic thread regarding this issue.

Bottom-Line: Absolutelly no rumors latelly (the latest ones were more than 2 weeks ago). Nobody knows if and when the MBP will get a new design or a spec bump. It is a completely waste of time to talk about this issue until there are new credible rumors again.

4. NewGuyHere thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry, I just wanted to separate fact from rumor. Also, will the pricing be the same?

5. whdigital macrumors regular

OK, here's the FACTS as we know them:

1)We don't know anything factually.
    2)All the thoughts, opinions, rumors and wish-lists don't change the reality of fact #1 above.

6. that1guyy macrumors 6502

Did you just make an account to ask this question that gets asked at least 5 times per day on this forum?

No one knows. It will come out sometime between now and end of 2012. My bet is this month of June.

The only confirmed thing it will have is a 3rd gen intel core processor.

7. NewGuyHere thread starter macrumors regular

I don't see why you are so angry with my ?, that1guy

8. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

Probably gonna go with the text in red.

9. NewGuyHere thread starter macrumors regular

I am sorry that I don't read through pages of questions when someone who already has can simply answer my specific question.

10. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

Because if anyone had the answer to your question, everyone would have the answer and you wouldn't have to ask it. You'd just go to the Apple website and it would give you all the details you need.

11. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

Given that the Worldwide Developer's Conference is in mid-June, there is a high possibility that the new MacBook Pros will be announced then. More evidence of this is that it's going alongside the current development timeframe with Intel and Sandy Bridge.

These are just predictions, but I'm going to guess we'll see the new MacBook Pros between June or soon after.

However... Apple didn't even announce the new MacBook Pros in 2011... they just silently updated them on their website. So we have no freaking idea at this point when they'll be announced or released. Just rumors... hence the name of this website.

12. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

I think we need a template of some sort saying "search the thread"

13. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

I think if everyone started properly searching forums the world would spontaneously explode. I think this type of behavior has to co-exist with forums for them to function properly and for the universe to remain in balance... or something. :p