New Macbook Pro 150% quiter

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dark_mark, Nov 18, 2016.

1. dark_mark Suspended

Do you expect Apple to come out next year with a new refresh and proudly announce "We made the 2017 MacBook Pro keyboard 150% quieter when typing"?

2. Ma2k5 macrumors 6502a

Ma2k5

I don't expect a refresh next year. The next refresh will be possibly 2018-2020, where they will probably try to change the whole keyboard into that e-ink thing.

Which makes me think, if we had the e-ink thing, we'd never need the silly touch bar (we'd lose the slider function but really, is it worth it!?).

3. dark_mark thread starter Suspended

I am pretty sure they will refresh (not redesign) MBPs in Spring or Summer. They have done it for years.

4. Rkuda macrumors regular

Rkuda

Wouldn't that basically be the keyboard on the rMB? Everyone already complained and said they hated that one. So we got the more clackity very on the new Pros.

The new keyboard feels and sounds fine. The worst you can knock it for IMO is the arrow keys. Thats the only thing I didn't adjust to immediately.

5. Ma2k5 macrumors 6502a

Ma2k5

Sorry, I meant a refresh of the keyboard, maybe re-design would be less ambiguous.

6. inhalexhale1 macrumors 6502a

Haha, man I hope so.

7. darkside flow macrumors 6502

The clicking sounds of a keyboard are a guilty pleasure for me. I'm good with it. :p

8. myscrnnm macrumors 6502a

myscrnnm

I don't really get all these comments about the 2016 MacBook Pro's keyboard being too loud. Yes, I think it's louder than the one on the outgoing model, but that one made a horribly tinny sound when typing. Users probably just have to get used to typing on this one and using a different amount of force.

9. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Yeah, I actually very much like the new keyboard. The sound of a solid keypress is very reassuring to me. And it's much softer than clicky mechanical keyboards, so it's not quite the same as those, but much more substantial sounding than those god-awful rubber dome mushboards other companies produce.

10. Kris.K macrumors newbie

Kris.K

There will be a refresh next year. It will be this, cpu, memory.

11. RoskO macrumors member

I think the 2015 and earlier rMBP had a VERY quiet keyboard, but for me personal I type extremely fast and I've always liked a louder keyboard. There's something to the audible feedback in addition to the touch feeback/travel etc.

I really like my Thinkpad keyboards too, and they always tend to have a little more audible feedback, but I type more accurately and faster with that.

I think there have been studies done on this topic too...maybe I dreamed it?