New MacBook Pro 17"- Wasted Warranty??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mr Morrison, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Mr Morrison macrumors newbie

Hello,

I (like most others on this forum) have ordered a new 17" Macbook Pro Uni. My first step into the world of Apple.
    I purchased this in January from the Apple Reseller KCRS, it was built to order as I upgraded the HD to 7200rpm.
    Today I enquired when I would receive this and they have told me the 10th March.
    I am now wondering if this means when I receive the Macbook pro, will I only have 10months warranty left on it or will I receive 12 months upon registration?

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

It should be 12 months. On the receipt, they should write down the date you paid, AND the date you received the item. If they're dodgy enough (and it's not a big deal anyway), they can just fudge the date on the receipt and say you paid on the day you received it. I did that for my Nikon D300. I didn't want my warranty to start when I paid for my camera, since I pre-ordered it 6 weeks in advance.

3. pyrodex macrumors 6502

pyrodex

Since I bought apple care with my laptop I just logged in and since my is also shipped I found it in my apple care. It started basically when it was shipped so Feb 16th.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

It's based on date of shipping, not date of order.