NEW MACBOOK PRO 2.16 or 2.33??

hubble

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2006
29
0
Hi. Having just sold my Powerbook G4 I was literally in the process of buying a new MacBook pro 2.16 when I heard that apple were about to launch merom 2.33. is this correct?? and if so how much is this machine likley to be.

Should I wait and hold out or go the the current Macbook pro 2.16

Comments please
 

FadeToBlack

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2005
1,836
0
Accoville, WV
Yeah, I figure Apple will be putting Merom in the MacBook Pro shortly, so if you can wait, go ahead and give it a couple of weeks and see if they update 'em. There's supposed to be a Special Event on the 12th. Apple may announce Merom MacBook Pros there.
 

applemax

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2005
1,032
3
Hey,

Apple are almost certain to release a new MacBook Pro in the coming weeks. They're holding a special event on September 12 which may hold the new models. So just wait a little longer. Also, it'll be a Rev. B rather than A model so it won't have any of the glitches that the current model has. :)
 

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
10,807
79
Thats the rumor, if you can wait till Sept 12 wait if not buy what you need now. 2.16 should be more than enough.
 

hubble

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2006
29
0
I think I'll wait and hold on and see what the out come will be.
 

tartansparkle

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2006
18
0
Scotland
FadeToBlack said:
Yeah, I figure Apple will be putting Merom in the MacBook Pro shortly, so if you can wait, go ahead and give it a couple of weeks and see if they update 'em. There's supposed to be a Special Event on the 12th. Apple may announce Merom MacBook Pros there.
Just when I thought everything was all good on my future purchase I see this talk of updated MacBook Pro. I am about to get a 17" MacBook Pro here in Scotland in the next couple of weeks. Can someone explain to me what this Merom is and what this potential MacBook Pro announcement may be? I am totally lost on this subject. I was planning to order mine on the 15th September, suppose you say it is better to go with (as I understand it, an improved update of the current model?) will I then have to wait even longer to get hands on it?
 

extraextra

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2006
1,758
0
California
tartansparkle said:
Just when I thought everything was all good on my future purchase I see this talk of updated MacBook Pro. I am about to get a 17" MacBook Pro here in Scotland in the next couple of weeks. Can someone explain to me what this Merom is and what this potential MacBook Pro announcement may be? I am totally lost on this subject. I was planning to order mine on the 15th September, suppose you say it is better to go with (as I understand it, an improved update of the current model?) will I then have to wait even longer to get hands on it?

Merom should be in the MBP's by Sept. 15. Search for Merom and a ton of threads will come up.. Eidorian (I think) wrote a guide on it. Here!