New MacBook Pro 2013 (suggestion)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macran, Mar 11, 2013.

  1. macran macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2013
    #1
    Hi Folks
    I am planning to get a new retina mac book pro 15 with 16gigs of RAM.Lately i have been reading that the current line up will be refreshed in june. I run 3 VM's on my old one. need your suggestions on this.Should i wait or should i buy the current one.How significantly will the new line up will be different when compared to the current one.Is it worth waiting.
     
  2. maflynn Moderator

    maflynn

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    Location:
    Boston
    #2
    If you can wait then do so, if you cannot then buy it. The Haswell chipset is due out in June so any MBPs having that chipset probably won't appear until August.
     
  3. Stetrain macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2009
    #3
    The 15" will probably not be much of an upgrade this time around. ~10% better CPU speeds and a slightly bumped graphics chip will probably be about the only changes. Maybe some changes to pricing and SSD size options.

    The changes for the 13" model may be a lot more significant because of the improved integrated graphics in the next generation of Intel chips, but the 15" already has a dedicated NVidia graphics chip so that won't matter so much.
     
  4. maxosx macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Dec 13, 2012
    Location:
    Southern California
    #4
    This is the single best reason to wait.

    Apple's pretty good about silently including a larger capacity HDD or SSD and more memory for about the same price as the prior model.

    It's a great benefit.
     
  5. xShane macrumors 6502a

    xShane

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2012
    Location:
    United States
    #5
    I'd recommend waiting if possible.

    Hopefully some issues will be fixed, some slightly faster performance, and maybe price changes.
     

Share This Page