Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hussainh1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2014
Can't seem to find an adapter that will work for me to connect my 23" Apple Cinema Display (Mini DisplayPort) nor my 27" Apple LED Display (Mini DisplayPort PRE-Thunderbolt)

I know the Apple TB3-TB2 adapter works for 27" Apple Thunderbolt LED Displays but since mine was produced prior to 2011, it used Mini DisplayPort.

I've tried Juiced Systems product from Amazon, Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 from Apple, and USB-c to DisplayPort and DisplayPort to female Mini DisplayPort adapters and haven't gotten anything to work yet.

I know people who have the 30" there's works, but that operates on a DVI connection, I've yet to see a working connection from Apple 27" and 23" Display users pre-Thunderbolt.

I feel like there's a few of us in this boat who are either wanting to use our older displays or are waiting for products like the LG Ultrafine 5k to become available.

I noticed there was a similar thread, but it became rampant with 30" Apple Cinema Display users, so I wanted to create a new thread for those of us who are in the same boat as I am...

Reactions: arkitect

malfunctions

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2017
Can't seem to find an adapter that will work for me to connect my 23" Apple Cinema Display (Mini DisplayPort) nor my 27" Apple LED Display (Mini DisplayPort PRE-Thunderbolt)

I know the Apple TB3-TB2 adapter works for 27" Apple Thunderbolt LED Displays but since mine was produced prior to 2011, it used Mini DisplayPort.

I've tried Juiced Systems product from Amazon, Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 from Apple, and USB-c to DisplayPort and DisplayPort to female Mini DisplayPort adapters and haven't gotten anything to work yet.

I know people who have the 30" there's works, but that operates on a DVI connection, I've yet to see a working connection from Apple 27" and 23" Display users pre-Thunderbolt.

I feel like there's a few of us in this boat who are either wanting to use our older displays or are waiting for products like the LG Ultrafine 5k to become available.

I noticed there was a similar thread, but it became rampant with 30" Apple Cinema Display users, so I wanted to create a new thread for those of us who are in the same boat as I am...

I bought from Lindy a DisplayPort Male to Mini DisplayPort Female Adapter Cable (41060) and a USB 3.1 Type C to DisplayPort Converter Adapter (43193) which works

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.