New Macbook Pro and Parallel Desktop

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ononimus, Dec 2, 2007.

  1. ononimus macrumors newbie

    Nov 19, 2007
    Hi everybody! As I said some weaks ago, I am planning to buy a new Macbook Pro as mine is unreparable after an accident. The insurance company gave me 1600e. I work at the University in Social Sciences so my work doesn't imply the use of photoshop or video editing programs. However, I use Parallel Desktop to run NVIVO (qualitative analysis program, only under Windows at the moment) and SPSS (recently back for MacOs). I thought I would go for a Pro again. The 15'' screen is good for me in order to transcribe and data analysis but don't know if the "lower" profile would be enough or I should go for the "upper" one. Also I could wait till January if the supposed changes are worthy or make it a little bit cheaper for what I need.
    What do you think? Is anybody else in my situation? (I mean working with this software and having the same hardware needs)
    Thank you all guys as the forum is really interesting and helpful :)
  2. psychofreak Retired


    May 16, 2006
    If you need a computer now, get it asap, if not, the wait will probably be worth it...
  3. KingYaba macrumors 68040


    Aug 7, 2005
    Up the irons
    If I were in the market for a 17" Macbook Pro with the 2.6 processor I would purchase it now.

    If I were in the market for a 2.2 15" Macbook Pro I would wait for the next bump.

Share This Page