new MacBook pro at WWDC?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by uaecasher, May 6, 2012.

1. uaecasher macrumors 65816

uaecasher

Do you think they would release the new mbps at WWDC? I remember new one where released when they introduced snow leopard.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Nobody knows. Past release dates/events are not necessarily indicative of future ones.

3. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

4. uaecasher thread starter macrumors 65816

uaecasher

yes but i think it all adds up, new cpus just got released, there was past release at wwdc and there is new OS X coming so they can ship it directly with OS X 10.8 instead of waiting for people to upgrade and of course it's due for an update.

5. Blues003 macrumors 6502

It's definetly within the realms of possibility. However, while it adds up, it doesn't mean the MBP couldn't be released in July as well.

My take on it is that May's refreshes (or lack of them) might indicate a whole-mac-line revamp on WWDC, or a normal phased-out revamp of each Mac individually.

6. Cicatrix macrumors 6502

I think your bird is a liar and a fat mouth.

7. pgiguere1 macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

The last time they showed a new Mac design at WWDC was the first Mac Pro in 2006, although it wasn't a real new design as it was almost identical to the PowerMac G5.

Of course it's not impossible they introduce this new MacBook Pro at WWDC, but the unibody MacBook Pros were introduced at a special event just for them (Spotlight on Notebooks in 2008), so that's possibly what they will do again this time.

8. pacman7331 macrumors regular

pacman7331

I'm betting on WWDC 2012. I think these new MBPs need some work yet, with all the new technology, if being installed will be a challenge to make work. Usually MBPs are under-clocked to deal with things like heat. Plus I think Apple wants to raise their endurance value on the market for the MBP which gets updated quite often. I think they dislike people predicting their new models, because it reduces the value of the current model, but on the other hand does increase their public image.

WWDC 2012 is the best bet.

So if they are announced then.
    When would they be shipping out? By end of June?