New MacBook Pro Battery Capacity?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NinaJ, Nov 10, 2011.

1. NinaJ macrumors newbie

Hi guys. I don't use these forums much, but I I figured this would be a good place to get my question answered.

I bought a MacBook Pro 13 inch in July 2010. It worked great until a couple of months ago. The HD died, and I lost everything. A month after that, the magsafe chip and logic board screwed up, and I had to send it in again for repair. The same day I got it back from being repaired, it would freeze multiple times while it was being charged. Apple finally decided to replace the computer for me, so I now have a new MacBook Pro 13 inch (late 2011).

I got mine the day after Apple made the upgrade on the website. I was checking the battery capacity on Coconut Battery, and it's down to 92%. Is this normal? It has 18 charge cycles. I don't know much about batteries. However, I just thought that it was odd that it dropped so much. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

I generally get 8 hours of moderate use with 50% brightness of my machine. Check it in the sig.