New MacBook Pro Battery Only last 2:30 hours...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by propea, Feb 26, 2009.

1. propea macrumors newbie

Hello,

I bought my new macbook pro in november and the battery was fine. It lasted 5 hours. But now, when I fully charge it, it only says that my battery will last 2:30...

I happened all of a sudden. What can I do? I tried to re-calibrate it by fully uncharge it and then fully charge it...

Any tips?

Thank you!

John

2. theITGuy macrumors 6502a

theITGuy

What kind of stuff are you doing on it? Is Wireless on? Is Bluetooth on? How about display and keyboard backlights? Are you using the 9600 or the 9400 video card?

I know that if I'm browsing flash sites, display brightness about half down, wireless on, bluetooth on, using the 9600 I will get only 2.5 hours of battery life at best.

Cheers.

-J.-

3. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

calibrate your battery. If that doesn't work, then its just time for a new battery. Time to schedule an appointment at apple ;)

4. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

I assume you calibrated it when you first got it, and every month after as Apple recommends.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1490

Post us a screenshot of your Battery health, cycles, remaining charge etc and i'll tell you whats wrong with it and if Apple will replace it for you.

5. Menge macrumors 6502a

Menge

Check if you have any processes on your Activity Monitor taking up 100% of CPU. I've had this exact problem as you when I had stuck print jobs.